Still working on keywords stuffing?
The latest updates from Google have changed SEO Industry's views & plans. People have made money for a long time by just adding as many keywords they could on a website. Those old days of SEO tactics are gone.
Here, in a nutshell, is the older version of the SEO tactics:
- Exhaustive list of keywords to be optimized.
- Use of same keywords with little variations.
- Page creation on each keyword.
- Use of same keywords in URL, Title tag, Meta description, Header tags & then in content.
- Focus on ranks instead of conversion.
See how a single keyword has different variations and how SEOs utilize them -
Execution of SEO activities without looking at user experience may result in a drop or even kick you out of the search results pages. People continue to focus on keywords based page creations, populate the existing pages with keywords to get rankings, and they have no idea why they are not moving up on Google. Bounce rate of landing pages increases if a user does not find any informative content. It does not only decrease the CTR but also decreases the value by Google. Try to give users great experience from a valuable content and an efficient way of navigating to the purchase path. You may try conversion optimizations tools for AB testing of the website. It will be able to help you capture leads & will increase your CTR too.
What should be the approach now?
- Creativity & brainstorm –Using your own creativity & ideas from the SEO point of view will let you know about your next plan. Then, you may do some online research based on your ideas. You will be able to reach at a level of website structure planning according to the user's point of view & impress search engines as well.
- Keywords research – By doing keywords research & competitors' keyword analysis, you will be able to decide your actual keywords list. Do not overlook the importance of either the users' point of view or SEO.
- Mapping – After AB testing, you must develop related content which addresses common questions of users. Your website must have that content which users want to read and which could give them the required information.
- Online research of products – Do some online research on your competitors to gather information about products they are offering. They may have those products with high traffic which you don't offer, but is it feasible for you to create a page for it? Would you gain or lose from this kind of a page? You need to figure these points out and plan accordingly.
- AB testing – AB testing is one of the ways through which we can understand our users' needs and the way they navigate through our internal pages. You will be able to gather users' data and analytics reports through which we can understand users' requirements. Obtain a feedback & get ready to design your website accordingly.
Conclusion: SEO still exists in 2013 but with better quality and it works according to user's point of view. Having only keywords in the content can reduce your cost of effort but the ROI is very low. You will have to invest much more if you want to use similar keywords to create pages.