It was in the year 2010 that we began showing hotel information in a comparatively useful process. We showed the sponsored hotel prices in Google Maps. After the success of this method, we’ve extended Google Hotel ads to more than 150 countries on Google Maps and Google.com, aiding travelers search hotels on cell phones and find deals on hotels. This has made our Hotel ad partners immensely happy because the volume of bookings and leads - in the initial six months of 2018, has grown by 65% annually. We have received feedback as the Hotel ads have grown, and found that some face difficulties in time management because their Hotel ads appear in a separate platform from their other Google Ads, like display campaigns and search ad.
To aid clients efficiently scale, Hotel ads will become a component of the Google Ads platform with a revised campaign standard. Hotel campaigns in Google Ads will be effective from the end of this year, allowing you to handle your Hotel campaigns along with your other campaigns in an individual platform. A new Hotel Center is also being launched to modify the management of your hotel price feeds.
Yesterday at Google Marketing Live, we presented a brand-new campaign type in Google Ads called Hotel campaigns. Campaign management and optimization will be simplified by this campaign type. The perks include:
- Hotel groups to categorize hotels by crucial features like brand and class.
- Robust bidding controls that give way to marketers to optimize for bidding dimensions unique to hotels similar to that of traveler’s length of stay or check-in day and audience bidding.
- Smart bidding fuelled by artificial intelligence learning to increase bookings at your ROI goal.
- Familiar responsive interface and Rich reporting are available with the newly designed Google Ads.
- We’re experimenting with this new Hotel campaign type from help with a few initial partners. Our partners are really excited by the results.
"As the largest travel agent in Latin America we're focused on getting interested online leads to our site and Google Hotel ads have been a great channel for us thus far. As an alpha tester, we're excited by the promise of Hotel ads in Google Ads. We think it'll help us save time, scale our efforts, and started to move more of our hotel inventory to the new Hotel campaign type."
- Andrés Patetta, Chief Marketing Officer, Despegar.com
"At Koddi, we have over 400,000 hotels in our global portfolio including large global advertisers. We're always looking for ways to drive more bookings, and Google Hotel ads are a central part of many of our partner's distribution strategy. We've seen Google Hotel ads traffic steadily grow, with our partners experiencing an average 31% increase every year. The upcoming Ads integration will uncover new insights that will allow us to scale our clients' reach and bookings further."
- Deep Kohli, Senior Director of Client Services, Koddi.
New Hotel Center for hotel price feed management
Hotel price feed management is deemed to be time-consuming and complicated. Therefore, when Hotel campaign management moves into Google Ads, we can redesign the way partners optimize and handle their hotel price feeds in a new Hotel Center. This Hotel Center will:
- Streamline feed troubleshooting with quicker and better intuitive in-product management
- Easily optimize your feed’s condition with single-click fixes and actionable opportunities
- Make use of a central hub to amplify other price feed-based hotel features, such as dynamic remarketing creatives.
Current Hotel Ads Center will be reconstituted with new Hotel Center in sections. We’re beginning with the foundations first, paying more attention in a better way to list your hotel properties and submit your hotel inventory.
Hotel Ads will commence as an open beta that will be accessible to advertisers in the later part of the year. To remain updated with the Hotel Center launch and Google Ads integration, beta test Hotel ads in Google Ads or to get more information on Hotel ads in general, take out some time to fill this interest form.
We hope that the new Hotel Center and Hotel ads in Google Ads will make it convenient to reach out to travelers at scale irrespective of whether you’re a hotel owner looking out to get your rooms occupied or an online travel agent desirous of accumulating more leads.