an alphabetical list of words relating to a specific subject, text, or dialect.
Direct Visits occur when a user types a domain name (like envigo.digital) into their browser, or used a bookmark to directly access your site. However, Direct also includes a much broader pool of traffic, far beyond those two instances. Essentially, Direct sessions/visits occur any time Google Analytics cannot determine another referrer. Other instances can include:
- Clicking a link from an email (depending on email provider/program)
- Clicking a link from a Microsoft Office or PDF document
- Accessing the site from a shortened URL (depending on the URL shortener)
- Clicking a link from a Mobile social media apps like Facebook or Twitter. Phone apps often do not pass referrer information.
- Going to a non-secure (http) site from a link on a secure (https) site, as the secure site won’t pass a referrer to the non-secure site.